Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just keep running...just keep running....Dallas, TX Running

I'm in the midst of an identity crisis.

For a long time I was a stay at home mom. I raised my babies, drove them to preschool, play dates, spent afternoons at the mall. I enjoyed this greatly. Then my babies went off to school. I spent a year getting in shape, learning to run. By the time I had a 3rd grader and a 1st grader, I was ready for work. So I got a job.

I loved my job. I worked in an elementary school as a Special Education assistant. My days involved modifying instruction, writing social stories, and administering IEP modifications. I worked closely with the behavior teachers, so occasionally I'd have chairs thrown, words thrown, and help with behavior charts. I loved my job.

With the birth of Jogger Baby and the increased craziness of my husband's schedule, we made the decision that I would not return to my job this fall. Back at home raising a baby is where I am.

I love Jogger Baby. She is da baby bomb. The coolest baby ever. But I miss, greatly, my coworkers. I miss students, people that can talk. I miss having a purpose. These days I get up before the sun to rush the big kids off to school and then have almost nothing planned for the rest of the day. It's leading me down a road of depression.

The days that I can make it to run are much better than the days like today...where I don't get a run in first thing. I need to find a purpose for my days! How do you get out of the change-of-identity funk?

No comments:

Post a Comment