Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Smartest Move I Ever Made...



was to STAY moving.

I posted a few weeks ago about not having the time/energy to be running. It finally slapped me in the face, big time, a few weeks ago. I MISS RUNNING. My BODY misses running. So I got up a little bit earlier one Saturday and headed out.

Within 1 mile I hit runner's high. That's how badly my feet had missed the road.

Feeling a renewed sense of adoration, I quickly signed up for a 5k and ran my first pregnant 5k last Thursday. I know, I've run a marathon, a 10k, a half marathon during this pregnancy, but not a 5k!

At 31 weeks pregnant, it wasn't the easiest thing I had done. For one, it started at 6:30 p.m. and for those of you who know Dallas, that's when the heat is heating up! I woke up that THursday morning feeling VERY swollen, very fat, slightly depressed, and majorly BLAH. It was warm, muggy, and I was tired from a 9 hour work day, but nonetheless, I went out there with the desire to FINISH. Sure, maybe I'd have to walk the whole thing!

stretching out before the run...

Turns out I didn't have to walk the whole thing. Just about a half mile. I felt my body overheating, and decided to cool down. But I finished really strong, and ran that last 3/4 mile very strong.

When I got up Friday morning, I felt so refreshed and reenergized. I felt great, and I really thing that staying active, especially running a 5K this late in the game was the best move I've made in a long time.

So mamas....DON'T stop moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment